Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The following bitmap is not cached and it will be loaded

Greetings,
    Is there any possibility to cache textures if they remain unchanged?
    Or maybe prevent Vray from cleaning after render, if "Cleaning up bitmap manager" means exactly that.
    Starting a render takes more and more time while the scene is getting bigger.

Thanks for helping

edit: sorry, i slipped into "Issues", "Generel" might be more fitting.
    Last edited by hhs_hhs; 17-01-2024, 06:43 AM.

Hi,

every new render is a self-contained execution.There is no way to cache bitmaps across multiple individual renders.
    Furthermore generally you don't want to cache things that might not be used in the future. Think about having gigabytes of precious GPU memory wasted in order to start the process a bit faster. I'd rather suggest move the textures "closer" to the renderer, f.e. not on a network drive or on gdrive/onedrive etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.bakalov View Post
      Hi,

every new render is a self-contained execution.There is no way to cache bitmaps across multiple individual renders.
      Furthermore generally you don't want to cache things that might not be used in the future. Think about having gigabytes of precious GPU memory wasted in order to start the process a bit faster. I'd rather suggest move the textures "closer" to the renderer, f.e. not on a network drive or on gdrive/onedrive etc.
      Thanks a lot for your fast response and insight!

Comment

Working...
      X