Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewport texture preview generation looks wrong for triplanar (Rhino 8 + latest VfR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport texture preview generation looks wrong for triplanar (Rhino 8 + latest VfR)

Hi,

looks like the triplanar projection is wrong calculated for the viewport and the set Rhino box mapping is ignored.

I send an email to support@chao... this morning but got not automatic answer with a ticket number. Is this way broken?

Good luck,
    Micha
    Attached Files
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hello Micha,
    Please note that we have received and answered your ticket regarding this topic. I will duplicate my answer here on forum as well:

We are aware of the current Triplanar textures viewport representation. Please keep in mind that textures that are raytraced or rely on projection in 3D space are not expected to be displayed correctly. We are working on the improvement though and I will link your ticket (and this forum post) to the internal case VRW-4381 so you will be notified if there are any changes.

As for the ticket, have you opened it by sending an email to us directly (not from support.chaos.com)? Please check your Spam folder just in case and search for the ticket number 197376.
    Also I would like to remind you of the discussion we had before (in this forum thread) and prompt you to use support.chaos.com to log tickets and check My activities in your profile.​
    Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 15-02-2024, 02:43 AM.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi natalia.gruzdova,

you are right, the emails from chaosgroup was in the spam folder. Thank you.

I write at the ticket system now.

Comment

natalia.gruzdova ,​ actually I had written something in the ticket system, but my answer there is gone, something didn't work.

My suggestion: for Triplanar the matter is quite simple, it only requires a box mapping in the same size as set for Triplanar. I have always done this manually in the past and it worked very well.

However, the current viewport behavior is counterproductive because I can no longer take screenshots for my client. Please disable it or switch to automatic box mapping as soon as possible. The striped look doesn't work at all.​

Comment

Thank you for your comment Micha, we also received it in a ticket, which I will mark as closed now. I will add your comment to the case VRW-4381 as well.
          Last edited by natalia.gruzdova; 15-02-2024, 02:43 AM.
          Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

After the last update, all textures with tiplanar mapping are no longer displayed at all.

Comment

Hello,

I would like to let you know that the viewport appearance of Tri-Planar textures is improved. Note that only the color / texture in the "Texture X" parameter will be displayed in the viewport. The fixes will be available in the next major update.

Kind regards,
              Iva
              Iva Mancheva
              V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X