Edge texture shown as stripe pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge texture shown as stripe pattern

Materials with rounded edges by an edge texture shows an unwanted stripe pattern at the rendered viewport. Please remove this "feature".

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	182
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1200666

Attached Files
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

A simple dark blue plastic at the viewport - a dark blue wall.

How can I create screenshots of the scene for my client now? Please remove the "feature" soon as possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	157
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	1200923

Comment

Hello Micha,

So far I am not able to reproduce the stripe patterns in the Rendered view when I set a material with Edges texture as Bump map. There is something I am missing. Could you please share a simple scene where these patterns are visible?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
      Iva
      Iva Mancheva
      V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
      www.chaos.com

Comment

iva_mancheva Here the shown object with the stripe effect.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, Micha,

Thank you for the scene. I am still not able to reproduce the stripe patterns with it too. Could you please convert the material from this scene to Custom and then share with us the .rmtl file and the Bump / Normal texture file?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
          Iva
          Iva Mancheva
          www.chaos.com

Comment

iva_mancheva Attached the files.

And I rund in a new problem in this moment - if I switch to "custom" than the V-Ray material is removed. This is "dangerous", because so fine adjusted, imported V-Ray material can be lost. Following test situation: there are several objects at the scene all with the same vray material. If the user select one object and switch to custom, than all object lost the vray material. I think it would be better all other objects kept the original material or at least it is kept on the asset editor as a backup.
            Attached Files

Comment

switching material type is a Rhino feature. We cannot prevent that. When the material type is changed, the original is deleted and a new material is created in its place, using certain properties of the original. This is valid for every type of material, even if a Custom material is converted to let say Enscape's or some other plugin' material. This is all done by Rhino, the plugins do not play ang role in that process

Comment

Ah, ok. I will workaround and make a copy before changing the type.

Comment

Hello Micha,

I am sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately Ray-Traced textures (Edges texture included) may give unpredictable results in the viewport, because they rely on geometry, which cannot be taken into account in the texture baking for the viewport preview. I logged an improvement suggestion based on your feedback and we will let you know if there is any progress on the matter.

Kind regards,
                  Iva
                  Iva Mancheva
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Hello,

I would like to let you know that we introduced a change that improves the viewport appearance of Ray-Traced textures. It prevents the appearance of artifacts and undesired patterns in the viewport. The fix will be included in the next major V-Ray release.

Kind regards,
                    Iva
                    Iva Mancheva
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                    X