Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter slows down and crashes file.

Hi there,

So I have decided to fully go for vray scatter since Rhino Nature has proven to be not stable enough in certain situations. This means I have prepared a couple of scatter presets that I modify for each image / scene. I have been working on a large landscape project recently and during the process things became really hard to work on:
    i have encountered ultiple crashes when deleting random objects, like a single curve. When not crashing it took up to 20 seconds for the freeze to release! This happend with any object in the scene. Now I have found out that this has to do with the scatter geometry in vray. It doesn't matter if it is turned on or off, if it is there, things crash or take forever, if I delete it, things work as expected.

Using Rhino 8 and vray 6 latest builds each on a quite strong machine.

I have packed the scene so it is ready to send (really large though), so please tell me how to proceed.

Best
    Toni

Hello toniboni,

To share your scene please open a ticket using this submit request form and upload your scene in the ticket.
    Also please share what V-Ray for Rhino version you are using? (V-Ray>Help>About V-Ray)​
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Thank you toniboni for your cooperation.

I would like to share that our developers were able to reproduce the issue that you describe and it is logged internally as VRW-4439. I have linked your report to it and we will notify you once there is an update.
        Note that it is reproducible if high count and preview is set (e.g. count = 1000000, preview % = 100), and is not reproduced with default values.

Thank you for your report, we will keep you informed.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X