Lighting analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting analysis

Hello! I am currently working with Vray for Rhino with lighting analysis. I have to compare the digital result of light in a specific building (in lx) compared to light analysis on a physical model, in order to change the lighting inside.
    But as soon as I add certain Materials to objects, like chrome or mirrors or anything metal that is a little more shiny, the result in the rendered lighting analysis in Vray is always black. Not everything, but always the mirror textured geometry.
    It shows neither results in the "grid overlay" nor in the "False Colors" mode.
    Is that usual that it just doesn't measure anything concerning light on a reflecting material/texture or is there a way to change that?
    I even created an own texture that reflects a bit but it does not make a difference.
    Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

There are two things you can do to see the reflective objects in the Lighting Analyses element:

1. Enable the Affect all Channels option
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	33
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	1207190

Views:	24
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	1207191

2. Use the Override Material to see a lighting analyses based on a default grey material applied to everything

Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1207192

Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	1207193

Hope that helps,
    Konstantin​