assign material behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assign material behavior

when I select two objects and asign them a material, editing the material on one object does not change the other object as well. The only way now to assign materials globally is to asign them by layer
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Re: assign material behavior

Originally posted by Gijs
    when I select two objects and asign them a material, editing the material on one object does not change the other object as well. The only way now to assign materials globally is to asign them by layer
    Can you do it like that in Rhino? I will see if I can find a way to get around that. Thanks
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

assign material behavior

Well, I never render in Rhino. I used to render in Flamingo, where materials could be edited without selecting objects. Quite similar to 3dsmax.
      You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Re: assign material behavior

Originally posted by joeb
        Originally posted by Gijs
        Can you do it like that in Rhino? I will see if I can find a way to get around that. Thanks
        Nope- a material is an object property in basic Rhino. Material by layer is the way to go if you want to edit for mutliple objects, or using the Match button on the Properties dialog, Material page. Currently this button seems not to work for Vray materials but if that could be wired up it might save some pain.

-Pascal

Comment

assign material behavior

yep, we'll be focusing a lot more on materials for the next release. The match button should not be difficult.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

assign material behavior

Originally posted by joeb
            yep, we'll be focusing a lot more on materials for the next release. The match button should not be difficult.
            Hi Joe- the Match button to look at, and I do not know if it has enough for you to use, is the one that shows when the 'Material' page is up in the Properties pane , not the one that shows with the 'Object' page up. I think there might have been some confusion on that.

-Pascal

Comment

assign material behavior

yes, Corey pointed that out to me. I didn't realize they were different. I have asked on the Rhino Plugin forum about the possibility of customizing that buttons functionality. So far they said no about the "Object Match", but we have asked about the "Material Match" as well and are waiting for their response.
              Best regards,
              Joe Bacigalupa
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
              X