Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflect on backside problem

Hi,

This problem was present in the previous build too, but then there was no refl on backside option.

I have this scene with a wineglass, groundplane and 2 rect lights. The wineglass has a typical glass material applied (note that fog multi and refr IOR are swapped because of a problem in the current build).

When I created the material, keep the wineglass selected and render. It looks great (I used very low AA settings!! I mean it looks great regarding the internal reflections in the glass)

When I deselect the wineglass and render again, I get this:

It looks like the refl on backside option turned itself off, so I edit the material and turn it of myself to see if there is a difference with the previous render. And there is a small difference:

When I edit the mat again and turn the refl on backside option ON again and hit render right after that, the render looks good again.

So the only way to render the good image is to open the material editor and close it again (even without doing any changes to the mat), and right after doing that, hit render.

It also works when you just opened the file and hit render.

If you opened the mat editor, close it again and hit render without deselecting the wineglass, you get the good render. If you hit render again, you get the good render again. But if you hit render a third time, the bad render shows up again!

Here is the file http://www.aversis.be/vrayrhino/wine05.zip
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps
Working...
X