Render Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Exit

When aborting a render vray doesn't seem to stop working - it closes the render window but keeps running in the background creating a Process X Leak.

I have had to resort to ctrl-alt-del and end process tree to free up the threads again. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

/BlueShift

Render Exit

I have had some crashes after canceling, also in previous builds, but nothing repeatable yet
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Render Exit

do you hit escape before closing the frame buffer? Make sure the frame buffer is the selected window, and press escape. I have also noticed issues when you just close the window
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Render Exit

I tried hitting escape and then closing the window but there seem to still be some issues...

I killed rhino's process tree and reopened it and began a render again (after an hour or so) and noted that clock in the render window was still counting from the time I had began the last render that had not exited correctly. I think the call to the clock() function (ctime/time.h) fails to return/terminate.

/BlueShift

Comment

Render Exit

my timing class using QueryPerformanceCounter. I will look into these issues, I too have had strange times show up before the actual rendering begins, but I can assure you that the timing did not actually continue after you exited rhino.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X