Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having luck with windows 7 and DRSpawer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having luck with windows 7 and DRSpawer ?

Hi All,

Since microsoft stopped giving support for xp64, and lots of hardware companies are doing the same, I switched to windows 7.
    Now I noticed that Drspawner only uses cores at xp pcs but not the the ones with win 7 installed.
    I know Asgvis doesn't support 7 issues because vray for rhino was released before, but perhaps while we wait for the new release, someone found workaround.
    I tried all kind of permission and firewall settings without succes.

Any help is welcome,

Joaquín
    Joaquín Laborda - www.trumdesign.com

Re: Anyone having luck with windows 7 and DRSpawer ?

I've not used VfR, but I used the same release for VfSU (1.05.30) - think the spawner is the same and I had no problems under Win7 64bit
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Hi ThomThom,

I have Vray for Rhino 01.05.29, and I think it's the lates available.

I have windows 7 64bit too, did you do something special to make it work?
      Joaquín Laborda - www.trumdesign.com

Comment

Hello,

I tried it with windows 7 and I had to change my firewall settings to allow DRSpawner, physically (LAN) connected my laptops and desktop. otherwise I did nothing special all works well.

Shem

Comment

did you install as an admin?
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Folks,
            as we're going to upgrade to Win7 step-by-step, I'd like to know if it matters to have different operating systems on master and slave machines?

Our preferred option: Master=Win7 64-bit, Slave(s)=WinXP 32-bit
            Does that work?

Cheers,
            Matt

Comment

the OS shouldn't matter. We also have Windows (client) Mac (slave) working in the latest version.
              Best regards,
              Devin Kendig
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Devin,
                yea - sounds great!

Cool, there's only few things to wait for...
                - our IT guys to set up the machines
                - Rhino 5 64-bit
                - VfR5 64-bit
                ...which basically means light-speed renderings in this here environment. Harhar!

Looking forward

Comment

Hey people! taking advantage of this post, can any one post a step by step how to set up a DRspawner in win7 x64.

Including how to set up the router, antivirus, firewall, etc.
                  www.leobonilla.com

Comment

Joaquin.

I am using the Win7 with Rhino4 - to send out to the nodes - 3 are Win7 and 1 is WinXP 64 - luckily that machine is fast too (overclocked 8 core)

Everything I notice is the newer machines_DO_NOT_seem to work happy with anything like an older XP Core Duo machine.

They kind of 'outstrip' the DR Spawner process (I can't see what is actually happening) - but it looks as though the I/O of the faster machines simply excludes older boxes.

Added to this large files an absolutely_well_setup_network. I had to get a dedicated better CIisco switch. Even though we only at 100 - it works. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoBonilla
                      Hey people! taking advantage of this post, can any one post a step by step how to set up a DRspawner in win7 x64.

Including how to set up the router, antivirus, firewall, etc.
                      This needs an IT guy who know his CISCO stuff - dedicated IP addresses if possible, and- and they have similar specs. Older machones can work with smaller files on large resolution pics - when they get time to receive a file... which is why DR Spawener should have some flag for extendeing file waits in the IO stage ... BOXX personal render 6 core machines rock - they have their own remote control over IP too - so you don't need keyboards and monitors, etc. and can fit stacked on a desk. Brilliant really - I was able to throw 52 processors at an animation last year - and it takes VRay into a dioffernt area.

Lastly EVERY DR SPawner has to be the latest version - we are using 01.05.29.

Comment

Originally posted by dkendig
                        the OS shouldn't matter. We also have Windows (client) Mac (slave) working in the latest version.
                        sorry, do i understand right that you use a mac for Vray to render?
                        with parallels or any new way? sounds so exiting.

Comment

Do you ever noticed that ASGVIS develops also V-Ray for Sketchup Windows and OSX versions?
                          www.leobonilla.com

Comment

we also plan on developing a version for Rhino on OSX when they get around to releasing a version on that platform.
                            Best regards,
                            Devin Kendig
                            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I'm using VFR, if Mac slaves are working with DR and PC host, how can I set up DRspawner on the macs? That is, where do I get the Mac software since I only have VFR for PC?
                              emil mertzel
                              vray4rhinoWiki

Lookinglass Architecture and Design

Comment

Working...
                              X