Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflective Glossiness Bug

Hi,

Having a material issue with Vray for Rhino v5.

Normally when rendering a transparent material, if you look at the alpha channel in the frame buffer you see a greyscale representation of the object. Suggests transparent pixels.

When I want frosted transparent materials, I lower the refractive glossiness.

In Rhino 5 (vray 1.5), when refractive glossiness is anything less than 1.0 (0.99 down), the transparent material becomes solid and the background is saved in the object, which is quite frustrating!

I've attached two screenshots - one showing Rhino 4 and one showing Rhino 5 with the inconsistency.

If I'm doing something wrong, would love to hear what it might be! But I suspect it is a bug.

Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	rhino5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	878559Click image for larger version

Name:	rhino4.jpg
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	878558

Thank you very much for your feedback.
    This is a known bug and we already have it in our system - when we have some updates about it we will update this thread.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks Svetlozar.
      Any idea when any patches might be released?

Comment

Hello blueskydesigngroup

We would like to inform you that this issue has already been fixed and the patch is available in the last Nightly Build version for Rhino.
        The new option in the Reflection/Refraction Layers are added - Affect Alpha which will allow you include transparency information into Alpha channel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-1-2013 10-32-39 PM.png
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	850112Click image for larger version

Name:	10-1-2013 10-27-32 PM.png
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	850113
        Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 07-10-2013, 11:22 PM.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hello blueskydesigngroup,

As Svetlozar has pointed out the alpha channel does represent transparency correctly when using the latest internal build and using a new compact V-Ray Material. There is however still a problem with alpha channel that we are looking into with the standard material. We hope to have this resolved soon.
          Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
          Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Svetlozar and Corey, appears to work now with the new drop down for affect alpha.

Comment

Working...
            X