X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Acceleration?

Hi,

at the VfR help page I found:
    GPU Acceleration – Allows V-Ray to perform the raytracing calculations on the GPU's installed in the system, rather than the CPU.
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAYRHINO/Renderer

... but I can't find the option at the UI. Any ideas? Could I speed up the CPU based calculation and use all CPU features?
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi Micha,

I see it at the top right on the gear icon, Renderer settings. There are more options available when clicking the three dots next to GPU in this same area.

I'm learning about these options too, and interested in reading other's replies

Best,
    Benjamin

Comment

Hi Benjamin,

behind the three dots are the devices listed. If I understand the docu right, this are the Engine options. My impression is that there should be an extra option placed between Progressive and Quality.

Ciao,
      Micha

Quote from the help page:
      Engine – Switches between CPU and GPU rendering engine. GPU enabled unlocks the menu on the right, where you can select which CUDA device(s) to perform the raytracing calculations or combine them for Hybrid Rendering. The Computer CPU is also listed as "C++/CPU" in the CUDA device list.

Interactive – Enables the interactive rendering engine to see updates of renderer images while objects, lights, and materials are being edited within the scene. Interactive rendering works only in Progressive mode.

Progressive – Render the entire image in iterations. You can see an image very quickly, and then let it refine for as long as necessary as additional passes are being computed.

GPU Acceleration – Allows V-Ray to perform the raytracing calculations on the GPU's installed in the system, rather than the CPU.

Quality – Slides through different preset values that will automatically adjust the Raytrace Global Illumination settings.

Denoiser – Enables the Denoiser Render Element. Denoiser toggle is active only in non-Interactive render mode.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
      X