Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Object Shadows w/ Transparent Ground

Hi,

Is it possible to render an object and have the shadows cast on an invisible ground? Toggling "only in secondary" under the raytrace properties hides the background along with the shadows.

GOAL: The idea is to take that image and place it on top of other backgrounds for marketing purposes while keeping the object shadow for a more realistic look.

Hi,

For the purpose, you could use the V-Ray Wrapper material. For more detailed information, please visit https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...%7C+MtlWrapper

You could also use the preset material - Matte Shadow Receiver - from the Diagrammatic folder in the material library.

Comment

I use VRay for Rhino, but came across a tutorial using VRay for SketchUp, which has the same interface

Comment

Thanks guys! I went with the matte shadow receiver material and it worked perfectly. I like the wrapper option too, it'll be great to have the background image rendered all in one. Less post editing to do.

Comment

Couldn't you setup the env background texture option and use "screen mapping"?
          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
            Couldn't you setup the env background texture option and use "screen mapping"?
            You're assuming I know my way around in Vray which I don't I'm new and still learning the ropes! There's always more than one way to do something so I welcome all opinions. I'll look into your method as well, thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X