Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material invisible from VR camera but affecting GI

Hello community,

I'm new to Vray render. I try to find a way to render an interior scene with a Roof, but I want this roof invisible from the camera but still affecting Global illumination etc.

When I uncheck the visiblity option in rhino geometry proprieties it simply do not render this geometry... at all. see image

Thank you !
    -CC

I was confused by this option too, it isn't the option you wanted. I'm not sure for what it can be used, but your wanted option can be found at the material properties (in advanced mode).

(Also a nice workflow to hide objects is to use clipping planes and the include mode to hide named objects.)
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

hi micheal !

Exactly what I'm looking for thank you

Also about Vray clipping planes, I'm not familiar at all with. Will they let sun enter by the cut section (which is something I don't want). See issue here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUZxbyvBSm0

thanks
      -CC
      Last edited by gouisedeau; 28-04-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

In the line where "Generic" is written there is a little button to enable the advanced UI mode and you should get the options.

I think, the clipping plane should block the sun light. If you switch the clipping plane to "include" mode than you can select named objects which will be clipped only.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi guys,

The Visible object properties option could be utilized in case you want to see some objects in the viewport but not in the rendered image.
          For more advanced behavior, as Micha pointed out, the material properties should be used.

As for the Clipper - By default the clipper will not block sun light.
          If on the other hand you enable the 'Camera Rays Only' option you should be able to achieve the desired result.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X