Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Render does not DENOISE. Too many edges and surfaces. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render does not DENOISE. Too many edges and surfaces. Please help!

I am unable to anti-aliase my render or find a solution. I do not want the lines and edges/polylines to appear in my render. Any thoughts?

Hello,

Could you please move the model closer to the origin (0,0,0) and confirm if this resolves the issue?
    Last edited by slavcho.brusev; 20-05-2019, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your assistance!
      It's very hard to do that because i am working with a model of 6 suburbs combined. I have located gumball and "aligned to world". When i move to 0,0,0 it doesn't do anything... I think its already close to origin as I used GIS files to create it.
      I have re-rendered after doing what i just said and the following is the result. Any other thoughts?

Is there any way to "anti-aliase" the render? i know this is possible in sketchup but not sure how in RHINO.

Thanks so much. I am thinking it might be the graphics card of the computer? can't handle the render software? what does everyone think?

Comment

I have highlighted the lines of edges and surfaces i dont want to appear in my render. I want it to be smooth.

Comment

How looks a Rhino render engine rendering?

Also you could post a little critical object here, so someone could test it.
          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi there. I cant post the file because its too big. Please see rhino render below and ho smooth it is. The rhino render doesn't seem to have any problems. The VRAY render is coming up with too many jagged lines and edges.

Comment

The issue at hand is most likely due to the size of the model in relation to the project scale and origin point. If you check your render progress log, there should be a message stating "Scene Bounding box is too large, possible raycast errors."

Could you please share a stripped-down version of your project for investigation?
              If this is alright, please use the Pack Project option (V-Ray > Pack Project) and send us the zip file via file-sharing service of your choice.
              You could send an email with a link to the file to support@chaosgroup.com.
              Additionally, please mention this forum thread in the message so we can find the email faster.

If this is not an option, please state the overall dimensions of the model and what project units are used.

Comment

Nothing appears in my progress window strangely.

Comment

Originally posted by slavcho.brusev View Post
                  The issue at hand is most likely due to the size of the model in relation to the project scale and origin point. If you check your render progress log, there should be a message stating "Scene Bounding box is too large, possible raycast errors."

Could you please share a stripped-down version of your project for investigation?
                  If this is alright, please use the Pack Project option (V-Ray > Pack Project) and send us the zip file via file-sharing service of your choice.
                  You could send an email with a link to the file to support@chaosgroup.com.
                  Additionally, please mention this forum thread in the message so we can find the email faster.

If this is not an option, please state the overall dimensions of the model and what project units are used.

I have emailed you the model!

Comment

Originally posted by errchitec View Post
                    Thank you for your assistance!
                    ...I have located gumball and "aligned to world". When i move to 0,0,0 it doesn't do anything... I think its already close to origin as I used GIS files to create it....
                    It's certainly the location of your model in world units that is too far. The location of the Gumball changes nothing to this.
                    You have to select all the geometry, use the move command, pick as start point something near the camera target and type 0,0,0 as the destination point.

Comment

Hello,

I have received and tested the file and the solution proposed by mgibeault worked.
                      Please note that in different platforms the origin (0,0,0) of the coordinate systems is in different places and x,y,z directions are not always correspondent. So if you have placed your model on original app near 0,0,0
                      and merge it to other application and then check the origin again and most likely it will be way of.

Comment

Thank you. That worked - see below. Although I still get a noise like texture/pixelated render. Any thoughts?

Comment

It might be my computer graphics card but if it's a setting in VRAY let me know. Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
                          X