Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Next for Rhino: Color Space (Bitmaps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next for Rhino: Color Space (Bitmaps)

Hi,

I have just started using V-Ray Next for Rhino at work and I was wondering why one has to reset the "Color Space" of a bitmap (Materials > Bitmap Rollout Menu) to "Rendering Space (Linear)" every time the file is opened once it was set to that Color Space? Can I somehow save that settings for the material? It is quite some effort to reset that setting for all the bitmap slots for each material every time I open the file.

When I set it to "Rendering Space (Linear)" it looks like the actual bitmap - which is what I want the material to look like. Is there a way I can "save" that setting? Or is there a global setting that would set the Color Space for all the materials to "Linear"?

Thanks in advance!

Hi neno,
    This bug has been repaired in the latest version.

Cheers
    Jonas

Comment

Hi Jonas,

thanks for the reply.
      How can I upgrade? We have just purchased V-Ray Next a couple of weeks ago - so I thought we'd have the latest version.

Comment

Same problem here today, but not at every scene. If reopen the whole scene the color space is reset, but if I export a part of the scene only than it works. neno Could you post a little Rhino file here where the bug can be repeated? I see the bug at my large project file only, but don't get a small example file saved.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

One more info - also the diffuse color is reset. If found the bug now. The reset materials are used by linked blocks and objects at the main file. I set the material conflict to "use existing material" but this doesn't work. The material from the block is used. Is there a workaround? Could be a quick hotfix be released please. It's essential for my work and I started to use VfR next for big projects now.
          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
          X