Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offset issue

Hi,

in the last time I have seen artefacts if surfaces are placed with a light offset and the camera is a parallel camera. In the past at VfR2 I don't got this effects and also in near distance shot this problem isn't shown now. I tested GPU/CPU and sec ray bias. Any ideas how it could work? At the moment I move the offset surfaces until it works.

-Micha
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Hi,

Could you please share the project with us so we can investigate in detail? If this is alright, please send us an archived copy (Pack Project) via email or a file-sharing service of your choice

Comment

Email is sent now - 133-217-1980 

Comment

Just to provide some further feedback in regards to this behavior.

In some cases, the issue occurs when the bounding box of the scene is too big and raycasting errors could occur. To resolve this, the model needs to be moved closer to the origin (0,0,0). Additionally, please note the units of the scene and adjust them accordingly!

In others, this could occur due to the Near and Far clipping planes of the camera, which V-Ray inherits from the Rhino viewport. This is determined by the Distance to Target parameter of the Viewport properties

Comment

Unfortunately not working in my case. The scene is like it is, the model is a large model place at the origin and the camera can't be moved, since the whole model wouldn't be in the view anymore. I'm surprised that a Distance to target of 1e5 should be to high. I would expect problems at much higher values like 1e12. At VfR2 it was no problem, so I still hope there is a fix possible.

Comment

This issue will be further investigated by our developers.

As mentioned in my previous post, changing the scene units or adjusting the properties of the camera (more specifically Distance to target) resolves the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X