Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What doe's pass 0? How to control pass 0? (An interesting approach to get max speed.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What doe's pass 0? How to control pass 0? (An interesting approach to get max speed.)

Hi,

during my last project I need to render a train seat without any environment objects - let us say a product shot. I used progressive GPU rendering and I have seen that the first rendered progressive pass was quite perfect looking (I don't mean the LC pass). Than a long time the calculation was working and no visual improvement was visible at the frame buffer. Finally the progressive window showed the different noise refinement steps noise goal by noise goal. I wonder - after a few seconds the rendering was looking quite good (~30s), but the most of the time quality doesn't increased (total render time approx. 3min for noise threshold 0.02).

Today I did a test and set the noise threshold at raw 1. The rendering started the first good looking pass 0 and stopped after this pass. The denoiser cleaned the result - a perfect looking rendering in 28s.

Now I ask me are there options which are not available at the UI to control pass 0? I could image to get more speed by some more noise. Good for super fast previews or quick animations. Could someone tell more about pass 0?

Maybe vlado or lele have some ideas for this topic too.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

An additional note - if I disable "adaptive lights" than the nice pass 0 isn't shown and a slower progressive rendering is shown instead. The render time is longer.
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
    X