Volumetric Environment / Volumetric Fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric Environment / Volumetric Fog

1. Hi Guys I am having a bit of a headache with the Volumetric Fog and the God Rays I am trying to test or rather achieve. I am using Vray 3.6 for Rhino 6 Windows 10.

These couple of scenes I have created in separate files. One of them was part of a big model and the other I have made from scratch just a box in a new file. Both having the same problem ie no God Rays.

Both standard environment as sky, rectangular invisible light behind the window strength 150 / 300.

2. Second problem I am having sometimes when I do switch into GPU rendering in this case the whole image becomes
    fish eye...any ideas here ?

Please see attached images.

Thanx !!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jarek88; 07-02-2020, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Jarek88

Apologies for the late reply!

Regarding the fog effect, you could decrease the Distance parameter and load a Atmosphere render element (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...lementExamples) to see if the desired result is achieved.

In respect to the GPU issue, does this occur with specific project or any (even newly created ones)? Are you using custom render settings loaded from a .vropt file? Additionally, could you please make sure that the GPU is using the latest drivers?

Comment

Working...
      X