Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*URGENT - DUST PARTICLES: Is it possible to define an area, noise texture or particle size in Volumetric Environment/Fog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *URGENT - DUST PARTICLES: Is it possible to define an area, noise texture or particle size in Volumetric Environment/Fog?

Hi everyone, this is my first post so forgive me if its in the wrong place:

I am trying to add dust particles into my scene in v-ray for Rhino6. I have been testing settings under "Volumetric Environment" trying both "aerial perspective" and "environment fog".

I've seen the chaosgroup's thread on "Volumetric Environment" but for 3DSMAX. I see its possible to use A Box gizmo to confine the fog volume”Or add “Regular Noise texture" Or “Inverted turbulence Noise texture" so that I can define a region of dust, or control the density through a noise texture...

Link: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Environment+Fog+%7C+VRayEnvironmentFog#Environment Fog|VRayEnvironmentFog-fogEmission

Is it possible to do the same in v-ray for Rhino? I cant seem to find any way to define a region for the particles or a way to control their pattern with a noise or bump map.

I’ve added a reference to the kind of dust I’m trying to achieve, hopefully someone is able to tell me if something similar is possible in Rhino? I’ve also included a screen shot of a simple test scene I’m setting up with the results I’m currently getting.

Hopefully someone can help!

I am sorry but we can't use gizmo option in vray for rhino, so no region fog effect ...I miss this option too, , together with vray distance map..

Comment

Working...
    X