have Animation tools been implemented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have Animation tools been implemented

Just updated to the latest May5th Vray for Rhino. Wondering if motion blur is working and also if I can add a movie in a movie for animating a screen?
    Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
    Intuitionusa.com
    3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Hi SHoutzager

Apologies for the late reply!

Motion blur is fully supported, however, note the effect can only be produced using either animated proxy scene or mesh objects, grasshopper definitions, or other V-Ray integrations. At the moment, motion blur cannot be produced with Bongo animation.

Regarding animating a screen, you could use a sequence of bitmaps for a material. The option is available in the Bitmap texture (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...itmap-Sequence)
    However, please note that the playback options are currently not supported!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I looked over the bitmap texture info. Does that need to be a numbered series of textures or does that need be a movie file of some sort of format?
      Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
      Intuitionusa.com
      3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Comment

SHoutzager

Sorry, forgot to include that info!

The textures used need to be numbered series starting from 0 (e.g. bitmap0.jpg), and they need to reside in the same directory.

Comment

georgi.georgiev Please implement the playback option, it's missed since several months now. Also since VfR is in very nice state now it could be a good time if someone spend time to get a better Bongo support. Motion blur would be really great.

Maybe a first step to support motion blur for objects could be that the user can select a curve which is be used as motion vector. So, still images with motion blur effects could be rendered. If I remember me right I have seen this at the Maxwell render plugin some years before. What do you think, this shouldn't be to difficult or?
          www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Micha

The issue with Bongo animation is the way Bongo actually creates the animation. It threats each frame as a individual scenes and the reason V-Ray cannot produce motion blur is because there is no reference data from previous to current to next frame.

Alternatively, you could set up the animation using V-Ray's Timeline component in Grasshopper where motion blur will be produced

Comment

Working...
            X