vray proxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray proxies

I would like to ask some explanation about the vray proxies.

1) Do I need to create blocks after I've imported the vray proxy inside rhino?

2) If I use Rhino's copy command, I don't create instances of the proxy mesh?

Thanks,

best regards,

Roy

Hi lopez67

Originally posted by lopez67 View Post
    1) Do I need to create blocks after I've imported the vray proxy inside rhino?
    This is not necessary.

Instances of a proxy can be created either by holding down the ALT key and moving the Gumball or using Rhino's array functions. If you use Rhino's Copy/Paste commands, it will create a new V-Ray proxy in the Asset Editor
    Last edited by georgi.georgiev; 19-05-2020, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Hi Georgi,

thanks for your message.

What does it mean this note inside the Vray/Rhino manual?

"If several proxies linked to the same .vrmesh file need to be created, it's better to make them blocks - this will save memory since the .vrmesh file will be loaded only once."

Comment

lopez67

Kindly note that in previous versions true instancing was not supported.

Please be informed that the note in that respect on the V-Ray for Rhino documentation page has been updated:

"V-Ray Proxy can be instanced by using the _Array command or Alt+drag the object in the Rhino viewport. This helps save memory as the .vrmesh file will be loaded only once regardless of the number of instances. Copying and pasting a Proxy Mesh, however, creates copies that end up loading the same file multiple times. This should be avoided. A Proxy Mesh within a block definition will be loaded only once regardless of the number of block instances in the project. Therefore, copying and pasting block instances is a safe alternative method to copy/pasting the Proxy Mesh objects directly."

Comment

Working...
        X