Renreding hints on small jewlery windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renreding hints on small jewlery windows

I'm more and more involved in rendering small jewelry windows... (imagine box of size 50x50x50 cm)
    it's so much different from rendering interior, product or exterior .. Do you guys have some (general) tips on how to help my image be more realistic at those macro subjects? I'm using some IES lights, and I guess there should be a lot to do with material surface finishes (micro bump, etc)

Shared thoughts are much appreciated! Thank you

Some DOF and vignetting could add some real world feeling. Do you have a screenshot of a typical model or a photo?
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Thank you Micha,

I can't share scenes...except small crop. Tinny DOF helps for sure, vignetting I have not tried in Vray since Photoshop does it much easier (although might Vrays might be more accurate, no? I'll try). I think the material finish should play most role thought. Another issue I have is with the meshlights. I have 2 same mesh lights positioned at same depth - one shows the Boom/Glare effect the other no? I tried different values, also Updated the effects- does not help
      . Click image for larger version  Name:	bloom glare.JPG Views:	0 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	1075614

Comment

I would afraid to get banding effects if vignetting is added per postwok, but maybe it safe or you use a 16bit render output. An other helpful effect could be some fog, but I must admit, I don't understand what a small jewelry window is.
        www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

kostenurka

Lens effects are not applied to that part of the rendered image most likely due to the Threshold setting of the Bloom / Glare effect.

To remedy this, you could use the Pixel Information window (right-click on the rendered image in the VFB) and look for the Color (float) value when focused on those specific pixels of the meshlight. Afterwards adjust the Threshold parameter to be less than the Color (float) value.

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.georgiev View Post
            kostenurka

Lens effects are not applied to that part of the rendered image most likely due to the Threshold setting of the Bloom / Glare effect.

To remedy this, you could use the Pixel Information window (right-click on the rendered image in the VFB) and look for the Color (float) value when focused on those specific pixels of the meshlight. Afterwards adjust the Threshold parameter to be less than the Color (float) value.
            Makes sense! Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X