Running Project Lavina on a separate machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Project Lavina on a separate machine

I want to run Lavina on a PC with a much better graphics card. I need a strategy of getting my Vray license to run on the second machine just when I need to. I tried to deactivate the VRay license thru the pulldown menu in Rhino and it doesn't work. What would be a good way to going about this? I also have one render node for Vray. I might have purchased it long ago. Cheers!
    Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
    Intuitionusa.com
    3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Hello,

In order to use Lavina, you need a Nvidia RTX GPU and a V-Ray NEXT render node license. When you use V-Ray inside Rhino, your Render and Interface licenses are both engaged. You cannot use Lavina and V-Ray for Rhino, simultaneously, with only 1 Render node license. Please make sure that the machine that wants to use Lavina has installed the Chaos License server or is pointed towards the IP address of the machine that hosts the License server:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cense+Settings

If your Render node license is not in use and you have set up your licensing correctly, please contact us at support@chaosgroup.com with a screenshot from your Chaos License server page.
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

My PC has two Nvidia GTX 1080 cards. Will that work? I am able to launch Lavina. I will try to install the license server on that PC.
      Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
      Intuitionusa.com
      3D Renderings & Animations for Product Development and Retail Design - Atlanta, GA

Comment

I got her going!
        Let there B3D

Steven Houtzager
        Intuitionusa.com

Comment

Working...
        X