Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun study: settings for interior rendering; window area/exterior too bright

hi all

I am trying to visualize how the sun would light up a space (with "material override" on) for a project at significant solar positions around the year using the rhino document sun. I am having an issue with too bright areas on the exterior. the exposure value makes the interior look quite right, yet the exterior looks far too bright (basically white) through the windows and also when the light casts shadows right next to the windows it seems to be far too blown out. I am using rectangular light portals right outside of the window panes. changing the intensity of the sun does not seem to help very much. my exposure is set to auto.

what else could I change in my setup in order not to have such great differences between interior and exterior?

thanks in advance!

I am using Rhino 6 and Vray Next btw.

Comment

I suppose so it's the same problem like you found at the real world - the lighting difference between exterior and interior is to high for the most cameras. At the real world HDR technics are use.

You could add lights to the interior or use the Exposure->highlight burn slider and move it to very low values. So, you can get an exponential "film" curve which capture the high dynamic of lights and shadows. Maybe the image looks a little bit dull, but you can try to enhance the contrast per contrast slider and scene adjustments.
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

thanks for your advice - I'm gonna look into that!

Comment

Working...
        X