Wood Panel Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Panel Material

Please point me to the correct workflow to make wood panel material like this (see attached jpg).
    Attached Files

Hello scrappydog1958,

Here's an easy way to achieve the result from the attached image:
    1. Create a Generic material and attach a MultiSub texture to its diffuse slot. Create the desired number of different textures from the `Add texture` button and slot the same wooden plank texture everywhere.
    2. Then, play around with the parameters. Start with the Get ID from and choose one of the Random options.
    3. Adjust the Hue/Sat/Gamma variation sliders to match the result you are after

Here you can find more information about the Multi-Sub texture https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRHINO/MultiSub.

You can also check the Wood & Laminate section in the build-in material library and see if you can find something to your liking. It resides in the left panel of the Asset Editor. Expand the Materials dropdown and search for Wood & Laminate.

Let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards,
    Natali
    Natali Velcheva
    V-Ray for SketchUp | V-Ray for Rhino | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

thank you so much!!!

Can't wait to try.

Thomas

Comment

Hi scrappydog1958,

Keep in mind that the workflow Natali suggested requires the separate patches of the panel to be separate geometry pieces.
        The randomization parameters will only then let you add the variation.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
        X