How to render part of an animation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to render part of an animation?

I can't figure out how to render only part of an animation from Grasshopper.

I can right-click on Render in Project and select "Render animation", but it seems to ignore that I have set the start frame on the timeline component? Shouldn't the animation start rendering from the frame I have set there? How can I render only part of an animation?

By the way: I can't set it in the Assett Editor, since Animation does not show up there. I believe that is only an option if I export a camera animation from Grasshopper, but I am not using a camera in Grasshopper.

So now I am curious how I can render only part of the animation, since during rendering the animation previously it got stuck on frame 5 (it got stuck on "Building dynamic lights V2" or something similar).

What am I missing?

Oh, just figured it out. You actually need to set the end frame as well..

It's a bit strange actually that you start at frame 0. Because now its less intuitive. If I have set say 15 frames and only want to do the last 10 I now have to go from 4 to 14, which is kind of counter intuitive. Surely the first frame in an animation is called frame 1.

ps: yes, I know all lists in computers and GH start at 0, but in this context it would be more intuitive to do it more naturally.

Comment

Hi seltzdesign,

ps: yes, I know all lists in computers and GH start at 0
      That is exactly why we did it.
      It's much easier to remap the values for keyframe-like animations this way - especially when using the native GH nodes for that.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X