Cannot insert or import lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot insert or import lights

It appears that inserting lights as a block or importing lights is not a feature?

My work around appears to be work sessions - check show lights on hidden layers. Crash sometimes.

I've not done much with proxy scenes. Would that be an alternative?

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Ibear888

Keep in mind that light objects are not supported in Block definitions in Rhino,

an alternative would be to export your objects and lights to proxy scenes, yes. To read more about it, please visit https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ingaV-RayScene
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Just to summarize:

Light objects are:
      Not supported by block definitions
      Not moveable between files by using export/import
      Yes, supported by Vray proxy scene
      Yes, supported by Rhino worksessions

If one makes changes to the source model of a proxy scene, do the changes automatically update the proxy scene, or, does one need to re-export the proxy scene?

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

If you want to make a change in the original project file, then you'd need to re-export it, however, the proxy scene won't need to be reimported - if that makes sense. I've recorded a short video demonstration for you to check: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...0_16-03-40.mp4
        Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the demonstration.

Somehow, I got my rhino vray lights file separated from the rhino object file they illuminate. I've learned that I can put the two back together through rhino worksessions or export the lights as a vray scene. My light bulb just clicked on and I realize that I could import the rhino objects file into the rhino vray lights file to put them back together. I was stuck on the idea of importing the lights into the object file. Duh.

Comment

Working...
          X