Grasshopper export vrscene not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grasshopper export vrscene not working

Trying to get a response from my old thread: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...der-in-project

I cannot get an animated vrscene export to work and view in Vantage. Is the export scene component in Grasshopper supposed to facilitate that?

Hi,

Could you please provide a bit more information on the result you are trying to achieve? Please send a simplified grasshopper definition so I can try to render it Vantage.

Comment

I'm just trying to set up a simple test animation, and I'm getting this error message:

"1. Exporting animated proxies having alternating faces per frame is not supported"

I tried a definition that would just move the geometry up in the Z direction, super simple, still getting the same error. What is going on there?
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not seem to be able to upload a .gh file to this forum either...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

In order for an animation to be viewable in Vantage it needs to be a transform animation.
          This can be done with a V-Ray Proxy Scene/Mesh component where we can define the orientation of the base plane(If someone else has other suggestions please post).
          Please see the screenshot below and let me know if this will work for you.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by slavcho.brusev; 21-05-2021, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Does this mean I need to first create a proxy or a mesh for every piece of geometry that I'd like to animate? Wouldn't that defeat the convenience of being able to create animated geometry inside of Grasshopper?

Comment

In this case yes,
              This is done because Vantage supports transform animations only. Otherwise you can render everything in V-Ray.

Comment

Working...
              X