Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray grasshopper can render visualarq and cosmos objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray grasshopper can render visualarq and cosmos objects?

With Vray inside grasshopper can I render visualarq and cosmos objects at the same time?
    thanks, Roy

Hi Roy,

Yes, you should be able to render VisualARQ objects along with Chaos Cosmos objects in V-Ray for Grasshopper.
    Attached you can find a sample screenshot with a combination of the two. In this thread, you can find more information on how to set up and distribute Cosmos assets in GH.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rhino_2021-07-29_16-11-34.png Views:	0 Size:	341.8 KB ID:	1120774
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Great Nikoleta, thanks, ROy

Comment

Hi again, I have trouble setting the materials. I've tried to use the "material from file" command but I receive an error or rhino crash. I've tried also to import the same object from the cosmos library and as proxy mesh inside the project to use the command "material from file" as you show in your tutorial but I can't see the materials in the vray_grasshopper command list...
        Thanks,
        Roy

Comment

Hi lopez67,

The Cosmos objects need to be merged from the Asset Editor so this could work. Once you merge them, copy the Proxy file path from the Asset Editor. In GH, adding a V-Ray Proxy Mesh and placing that path in the File Path node, it should do the trick.

Once ready, you can add the V-Ray Material From Project nodes and select the proxy object's materials (they should appear in a drop-down menu). Make sure to keep the same order as they appear in the Asset Editor. This is pretty much what's been shown in the screenshot from my previous post.

If all of this produces any errors or crashes, please attach some screencaps or recordings so we can see the workflow and check those errors. It would help us a great deal to eliminate any issues. Much appreciated!
          Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 03-08-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Nikoleta,
            thanks for your message.
            Now it works. But I would like to ask you, each time I need to do this work or can I save this asset in some way and reuse it without the need to do all the time the same steps? Why I can't load from files the materials single file too (as I do for the mesh)? Thanks, Roy

Comment

Hey Roy,

I'm not completely sure I understood you here, so please clarify or provide some screencaps/recordings. Once you merge the Cosmos asset, it will have the exact same properties as a regular proxy mesh. So, if you save both your Rhino and GH files, open the project again, and load your GH composition, everything should be just the way it's been originally set.

Comment

Working...
              X