Rendering text and dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering text and dimensions

It's possible to render text and dimensions in Vray for Rhino?

Does _TextObject in Rhino helps you?

Comment

No, at all, I mean the 2d text and dimensions, as is possible with the rhino cycles rendering

Comment

To my knowledge, it is not possible to render dimensions in V-Ray. V-Ray needs an object like a surface or mesh or nurbs to be able to render it.
        If there is a way to convert those dimensions somehow to a volume or a mesh, then I think it should be possible to render them.

Comment

Is Chaos not going to support it in future versions?
          My customers have made the same request.​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
          oakcorp.net
          v-ray.jp

Comment

I dont' this this feature, but I found this on the rhino forums which might help anyone interested:
            Render rhino Dimension Text and curves - Rendering / V-Ray - McNeel Forum​

Explode the dimension which will result in text and curves, then explode the text to get curves. You can create planar surfaces on the on the text curves and dimension arrows/ends, and piping the curves will give you something to add material to.

Comment

That forum post is for Rhino Render and doesn't work for V-Ray.

​It is possible to decompose dimensions into curves and reconstruct them into renderable opuses, but this is too cumbersome. It is not a task for artists.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
              oakcorp.net
              v-ray.jp

Comment

This took 2 minutes on my first try. It's not hard at all. If you know Rhino & Vray, you should be able to get this done in less than 1 minute, maybe faster if you do it enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	487
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	1177512​

Comment

Working...
                X