Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPU / CUDA / GPU rendering and why does GPU suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU / CUDA / GPU rendering and why does GPU suck?

Hello, first time using the forum

Im using Vray for a rather small project and ive even turned off the layers that have extremely detailed models but for some reason rendering with CPU is incredibly fast like under a minuet while CUDA and GPU take forever and doesn't show any sort of progress in the frame buffer. When using GPU and or CUDA I also cant stop the render no matter what i do so i have to sit and wait for 5 minuets for it to stop rendering. im aware that interactive rendering only works with CPU but shouldn't my GPU be running circles around my CPU ???
    majority of my model is vmesh trees and im not doing anything incredibly fancy with the rendering settings i dont think.
    im still learning and im about 3 months total with Vray experience. thank you for any help!!

ill list my hardware below

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core
    32.0 GB
    Geforce RTX 3060 12GB
    1920x1080 display

Hey alekzan_powell,

Thank you for the details provided and sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues. First, can you mention the exact V-Ray version you're rendering with? You should be able to check that by going to Extensions > V-Ray > Help > About.
    Other than that, are you able to render fine a fresh (empty) project using the CUDA/RTX engine? It might be better to send us the project you have issues with so we can try and reproduce this behavior in our environment.

You can use our contact form to forward us the files. Make sure to mention this thread in the form subject. Much appreciated!
    Last edited by nikoleta.garkova; 29-12-2021, 07:18 AM.
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X