Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Practice for centralized location for V-Ray Material Library File/Folder Location when collaborating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Practice for centralized location for V-Ray Material Library File/Folder Location when collaborating

What is the best practice approach for material library location when collaborating?

Do custom materials also get saved in the same folder as the default materials?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Good question! I'm personally struggling with my OneDrive folder, because its absolute path contains different usernames on both my computers.

Comment

Hi guys,

What is the best practice approach for material library location when collaborating?
      If all users have access to a network location you can just set it in the Configuration rollout in the V-Ray Settings.
      This way the built in library will get downloaded there once and everybody can use it.

Do custom materials also get saved in the same folder as the default materials?
      Any network folder can also be loaded as a custom library in the left side panel of the Asset Editor.
      After that when one of the artists saves a material, the others will automatically see it.

Konstantin

Comment

Working...
      X