Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV mapping in grasshopper

Hello,
    there is some way to assign the object's UV mapping directly from grasshopper to use with the Vray/Grasshopper rendering?

Hi,

There are no mapping components in V-Ray for Grasshopper(and in the default Grasshopper toolkit for that matter), however, there are 3-rd party plugins that do mapping like "Human" and I guess most likely V-Ray will support them.

Comment

Hi lopez67,

there is some way to assign the object's UV mapping directly from grasshopper to use with the Vray/Grasshopper rendering?
      V-Ray does not dive you any tools for the UV mapping itself.
      If however you generate UV coordinates for a Grasshopper mesh, V-Ray will read and use it.

Konstantin

Comment

Hi Konstantin,
        how can I generate UV coordinates for grasshopper mesh (without plugins)? why can't apply UV maps to a brep? why you're not interested to create a tool to do this inside Vray plugin?
        yes, I know, a lot of questions...but it's Monday, c'mon...

Comment

Hi lopez67 ,

One way of getting UVs into Grasshopper is by referencing a Rhino object.
          Another is by defining UV coordinates in the Construct Mesh component. Note that the Vertex Color input is where you need to pass the UV coordinates.

We will consider allowing tri-planar texture projections to be done in Grasshopper which should help you in most common scenarios.
          You can try this even now, by creating the 'tri-planar material' in Rhino and referencing it in GH.

Implementing a set of UV editing tools is not something we've considered so far since the user workflow is unclear.
          Some simple automatic projections could make sense.

Regards,
          Konstantin

Comment

Working...
          X