Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Renders take way too much time with just one change

Hello everyone!

I don't understand why the same exact 3D model (literally the only change is a slight variation of paint color) takes longer depending on the color?

The paint colors I am using are:

240-238-229 (this is the one that takes longer)
    232-231-223 (this one is good on time)

I am not sure how to upload the 3D model, but I want to know if this is common?

Hi,

This is not common a single diffuse change should not lead to a massive difference in render time.
    Can you please upload the example project in the request link below(please include the thread topic so I can easily find it and reply as quickly as possible)
    support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In the meantime please check the following article for tips on render time optimization https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...vs-Render-Time

Comment

Hello! I am still waiting for an answer, I already sent the file + another one with more problems. Is the problem related to the GPU and new update? This is uncomfortable

Comment

This is happening in this rendering as well. This took 45 minutes - now it is not even at 40% and is at 1h29m. Can somebody please help? Thanks.

Comment

Dear linaalejandra_nuezruiz, hello.

You files are delivered via ticket number #32837.
          It's preferable to use V-Ray > Pack Project to create an archive and send us all assets used in the scene.
          Please use this approach in the future, I will add this info in the ticket as well.

You may describe different issues, so let's sort the details now:
          • you are using V-Ray GPU - RTX rendering (seen on both screenshots) with our latest update
          • you are experiencing longer render times when changing certain color (details in your first post)
          • the comparison is made via V-Ray Batch Render
          In conclusion, we will need the packed archives for both files. A link to upload them will be sent to you in the ticket.
          That way we could perform tests closer to your setup and be more helpful.
          Define your currently installed GPU driver version, keep in mind that the recommended from us now is 497.09.

Due to the oval shape of the VFB, I could suppose that you are using Windows 11, please confirm that.
          Waiting for your answer and files.

Let's get this solved.

Best regards,
          TS

Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
          3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

​To share with the community what the investigation results are - compared were two different .3dm files via Batch Render, which included different V-Ray Dome Light settings.
            The paint color of the façade wasn't the only change.

This was causing the difference in render time and the comparison could be seen here:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-20_20-56-56.png
Views:	114
Size:	919.1 KB
ID:	1145999
            Attached Files
            Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
            3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X