Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 6 lagging

Hello Chaos team,

I am testing version 6 on my workstation currently. There are many useful improvements compared to version 5. However, the interactive mode is lagging significantly on my machine. I did not experience this with version 5. I installed the latest Rhino 7 version (7.23) and my latest NVIDIA driver for my RTX 3080. The lag really bothers me in my workflow. Not sure if other experience this. If this will persist and I can't figure out why, I will switch back to version 5. Open for suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi sayed_majidi​,

Do you have the interactive light cache option enabled:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Interactive Light Cache.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1163711
    If so, then that might be the issue.
    In V-Ray 5 this option was always disabled.

Note that we intend to improve the interactivity when the option is ON to let you enjoy all its benefits without the drawbacks.

If this option is not the issue, can you please record a video showing what the lag looks like.
    Also does it happen only in specific projects or in any?
    If it's a specific project causing this, please share it for further investigation on our side.

Konstantin

Comment

Hello Konstantin,

thank you for your response. Interactive light cache was disabled in that specific scene. I tested another scene and the lagging was not visible. Seems that this was the case for the specific scene only. I will keep observing the behaviour going forward.

SM

Comment

Working...
      X