Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACESG Color profile

Hello,
    is it possible to load a colorprofile into Rhino as a default profile (this is possible in 3dsmax). I would like to make ACESG the default color profile.
    Thanks

Hi sayed_majidi​,

In V-Ray 6 for Rhino you have the ability to work in the ACEScg color space much like in V-Ray for 3ds max.

You should first enable the global ACEScg RGB Primaries option:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ACEScg_001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	183.0 KB ID:	1163713

You can then ensure that textures used in the project are also treated correctly by selecting the sRGB primaries option for all 8bit bitmaps you use:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ACEScg_002_map.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.4 KB ID:	1163714

After you activate ACEScg, you will also notice that the Color Picker will automatically respect that too:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ACEScg_003_picker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	1163715

Regards,
    Konstantin

Comment

Hello Konstantin,

thank you for the response. Before Vray6 I typically load the ACESG colorprofile through the Display Correction in the VFB. I noticed that using the built in color management in VRay 6 gives me different results:

1. Color Management set to ACESG (VRay6):

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	751.2 KB ID:	1163836

2. Color Management set to sRGB (VRay6) + ACESG color profile (loaded in VFB):

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	868.7 KB ID:	1163837

Colors are more saturated with option 2. Is it possible to load a specific ACESG color profile as the default color profile? I know that this is possible in 3dsmax.
      Also, what ACESG color profile version is the one under VRay 6?

SM
      Last edited by sayed_majidi; 30-10-2022, 02:07 AM.

Comment

So checked with Konstantin from Chaos team and loading specific color profiles as default color system is currently not possible.

Comment

Working...
        X