Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to rotate UV per object while using the same VRAY Material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rotate UV per object while using the same VRAY Material?

Hi,

I want to rotate the UV of a VRay Material applied to multiple objects, but I cant seem to find out the parameter to do so. In the example image, I want all the wood grain to run horizontally instead of vertically.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	591.1 KB ID:	1163814

I've tried all the rotation parameters under Texture Mapping in Rhino and I see no changes in the VRay interactive view.
    Funny enough, ​if I rotate the actual object, the UV will rotate also, BUT if I then stretch the object back to it's pre-rotated shap using ControlPoints edit, the UV will automatically rotate back to the "not desired" direction.

So how can I control the UV rotation per object while using the same VRAY Material?

First I would assign a Rhino box mapping to all objects with the same material and adjust size or repeat until it looks right scaled. Than adjust rotation and placement of single objects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 10-30-22 at 09.35 AM.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	1163831
    www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Originally posted by Micha View Post
      First I would assign a Rhino box mapping to all objects with the same material and adjust size or repeat until it looks right scaled. Than adjust rotation and placement of single objects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 10-30-22 at 09.35 AM.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	1163831
      Thank you, this works.but it does require a bit more tweaking and work when the geometries are blocks within blocks.

Comment

Working...
      X