Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excluding objects from HDRI reflections And separate HDRIs for different objects - Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excluding objects from HDRI reflections And separate HDRIs for different objects - Is it possible?

Hi all

Is it possible exclude specific objects in a scene from reflecting the environment HDRI? For example a jewelry product scene in which the jewelry piece reflects the HDRI but the ground plane does not?

I would also like to know if it would be possible to set different HDRIs for different objects in the same scene?
    This would be very useful for rendering multiple highly polished pieces of jewelry in the same scene where the smallest changes in reflections determine the success of the image.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Yes, you can override the environment on a material by material basis.
    Generic - V-Ray for Rhino - Chaos Help

Comment

Hi lorin_bohm​,

What richard_aubin1​ said is correct.
      The only way to override the environment is by using the Override material or material attribute.
      Adding the attribute to any material is the easiest way to gain access to this custom Environment slot:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	213
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	1169394

Konstantin​
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi konstantin_chaos & richard_aubin1 thanks! this is super useful! appreciate you taking the time to respond

Comment

This does not work for GPU rendering. Can you guys add support for GPU?
          Best

Comment

I've been dreaming of the day V-Ray begins supporting environment overrides on GPU. It would be monumentally helpful for high end jewelry rendering where having to resort to rendering on a CPU in order to utilize the feature sometimes just isn't an option. When working on scenes with both white diamonds and colored gemstones, I usually have to switch to CPU rendering to use environment overrides. Please konstantin_chaos!!! Bring us overrides on GPU

Comment

Working...
            X