Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proxy vrscene with Multi Material on single object for easy choosing..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy vrscene with Multi Material on single object for easy choosing..?

Hi there,

Is there any way you can retain multi material information on a single object in a proxy vrscene, and thereby have the ability to choose which ever you need in the proxy scene parameter of your main file? When opening such a vrscene, the materials are actually there with multi material ordering, but registered as orphaned...

An example, a chair with 5 different textile options as multi material, where all would be selectable through the proxy editor (rather than having external blocks with the added materials and layers in the main file, or 5 different proxies to interchange as I am currently doing).

On a side note, as vray has the option to render animations included in a proxy vrscene, how exactly does the animation parameters of the proxy work, as opposed to the render animation parameters? As a test I’ve tried exporting a vrscene of the same chair from GH, with different materials on 3 frames. These frames (and materials) I can select/change to the one I need, but only through the render animation parameters, - it doesn’t seem to work through the proxy parameter.

​Thanks,
    Arin Petersen - cand. arch.

Laptop: Core i7-9750H - 64 GB Ram -
    DDR4-2667 MHz - 8GB GeForce RTX 2070
    Rhino 7 - 3ds Max - V-Ray 6 - Unreal Engine 5.3 - Autocad 2024 - Windows 10 Home - All up to date.

Hello arin_petersen,
    Thank you for your post.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Is there any way you can retain multi material information on a single object in a proxy vrscene, and thereby have the ability to choose which ever you need in the proxy scene parameter of your main file? When opening such a vrscene, the materials are actually there with multi material ordering, but registered as orphaned…
    ​Proxy Scene importer is currently still under development and materials of the Proxy Mesh inside of the Proxy Scene are not stored correctly. This is logged in our system as VRW-3961 and will be improved in the future.

As a test I’ve tried exporting a vrscene of the same chair from GH, with different materials on 3 frames.
    - it doesn’t seem to work through the proxy parameter.
    Unfortunately this is a known limitation - you can animate changes inside of the one material thought. As another option to consider you can animate visibility of several objects with different materials applied to them.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X