White instead of silver on aluminum can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White instead of silver on aluminum can

Hey all! Could someone tell me how I could make white parts on an aluminum can (like the swoosh + border of the Pepsi logo)? If I try to do this by adding a bitmap that contains white (the swoosh and letters of the coca cola label) to the diffuse channel of the metallic material, I get silver and not white wherever white is on the bitmap.
    Any help is appreciated!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	95
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1200025

Views:	128
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	1200024​​

Use blend material with aluminium as base and generic material as coat. You can then use bitmap mask to choose which parts are base aluminium and which are coated. You can also use shares of gray to blend both.

Comment

I would create a simple material instead a blend material with sub materials.

First create an alu metal material, add VRay Mtl above and set there the decal texture and an opacity map.

Views:	82
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	1200293
      www.simulacrum.de ... visualization for designer and architects

Comment

You can actually achieve this without layering.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	1204347

Here I've mapped the diffuse and metalness slots with the following textures:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	93.7 KB ID:	1204348

Comment

Working...
        X