Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max Vray To Rhino Enscape

Hi Chaos,

I'm handing over a project at my current job to another team. I have been using 3ds max, vray, forestpack etc to create my scene & now the team that will continue on the project requires it to be in Rhino & be renderable in enscape.

What would be the process for achieving this? I'd assume it would be something along the lines of an fbx export, but when i do this, the textures don't appear in enscape for rhino.

Would someone be able to describe a process for achieving this succinctly?

Thanks

Hi max_gonzales,

In V-Rary for Rhino, you can directly import vrscene files exported from V-Ray from 3ds Max.
    It is a relatively new feature and not 100% reliable but might work better than the FBX transfer.
    You can read more about it here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRHIN...Scene+Importer

Note that the fbx option might still be better if the objects hierarchy needs to make it through.
    Our importer currently does not import the hierarchy.

Also note that this process will transfer the V-Ray data like materials and lights.
    This data is unfortunately still not supported in Enscape.
    The viewport representation of the materials will be used in Enscape instead of the complete V-Ray shader.
    The lights will have to be recreated.

And last but not least, the Forest Pack parts will be ignored on import.

Hope that helps,
    Konstantin

Comment

Working...
    X