issues with materials in Rhino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues with materials in Rhino

I have used Vray pretty extensively with SketchUp but moved to Rhino recently for better modelling tools (or which there are plenty) I am having the following issues but wonder if i am missing something?

1) there is no simple way change mapping type (right click on SketchUp and select triplanar etct)
    3) Rhino seems to always bring in materials with different scale - there is no simple widget to be able to resize by sight on individual faces as in SketchUp?

When i search the internet it appears that most interiors are rendered on 3dsmax or SketchUp - are the reasons above the reasons why? am i mad to want to do high quality interiors on this platform?

Hello boundary,

Please note that contrary to SketchUp Rhino has its own Texture Mapping tools. Therefore there is no need to duplicate these tools in V-Ray.

I believe these links will be helpful to you as a starting point:
    V-Ray for Rhino is very similar to V-Ray SketchUp, nonetheless some adjustments are made based on the host platform itself. Though it may be so that most users choose 3ds Max or SketchUp to model interiors, the same results can be achieved in Rhino.
    Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

The Rhino texture mapping is actually very good in version 8.
      [Click on some geometry first] and you'll see the tools under Properties > Texture Mapping
      The Decals are very full-featured as well. [Green square on the panel]

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	23
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1207104

Comment

Working...
      X