Highlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights?

I'm scratching my head over the reflection layer in the material editor. I can't seem to get a good, bright highlight on a surface. I've tried monkeying with the values in the highlight glossiness and reflection glossines spinners, but can't seem to get any good results. I noticed that the matte plastic material supplied with the software has a fresnel effect in the highlight glossiness channel, so I dropped one into my material. I finally got a bright highlight, but it's tiny tiny. I don't understand this material model.

Can anyone clarify?

Thx

Andy

Highlights?

I have noticed this as well. I will double check that we are setting up our materials properly, because I believe we used to have larger highlights than we presently do.

What kind of lighting do you have in the scene?
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Highlights

I have been trying it using default lights on a couple of primitives (sphere, cube, torus). I don't see a highlight in the preview window either, though.

Comment

Highlights?

Ok, things are bit hectic at the moment, but I have added the highlights to my list of things to double-check. I'll let you know if I come across anything.
        Best regards,
        Joe Bacigalupa
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

highlights

thanks Joe

Comment

Highlights?

Sorry - I forgot to check back in here. Basically what I came to find was glossy fresnel reflections do generally have small highlights. You can work around this problem however by layering a couple reflection layers on top of each other. Have a non-white glossy reflection on top of a non-glossy fresnel layer and you should have the best of both worlds. Let me know if you want me to post an example vismat
            Best regards,
            Joe Bacigalupa
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
            X