Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray for Rhino book !!!!!!!

Hi all

I just saw that there is a V-ray for Rhino book, this is very interesting, specially because I think I never saw any post from this company here in the forum.

Anyone knows anything more? If they translate to English I would be interested.

How strange all this.................

look here : http://www.surface3d.com.tw/vray/book.htm

Thanks
    Sergio silva

V-ray for Rhino book !!!!!!!

Wow! I would buy that book in a heartbeat if it would be in english - the best overview of different settings i've ever seen. Great comparison with many different examples.

Hey, you guys at ASGvis - can you contact this publisher after you've seen how big the demand is for the book. Maybe they could do an electronic version if the demand for printing is not good enough. Sorry for asking you guys about this but i think if you come up to them it's better than this whole comunity.

Or are you actually in the making of a manual, as beautifull as this one, perhaps for us who bought VfSU and VfR?
    Fluke73<br />==============================<br />www.flukeworld.com - private (has gallery)<br />www.webzoo.se - my company

Comment

Re: V-ray for Rhino book !!!!!!!

Originally posted by Paraglobal
      Hi all

I just saw that there is a V-ray for Rhino book, this is very interesting, specially because I think I never saw any post from this company here in the forum.

Anyone knows anything more? If they translate to English I would be interested.

How strange all this.................

look here : http://www.surface3d.com.tw/vray/book.htm

Thanks
      Sergio silva
      hi Paraglobal
      the author is Cafer J who is the engineer of the MCNEEL
      also he is the technique suppor of MCNEEL in Asian area

Comment

We are already on it. We have a translation and are working on getting it into final form. Maybe we will have it available to the public for vray 1.5, but it depends on allot of things. I'll talk to Corey about it and see if there is a way to get it out to the public sooner rather than later. I don't know exactly how much it is (my computer doesn't have Chinese), but the book might even be worth it in chinese because is very well put together graphically. There are lots of screen shots and test renders so it is easy to follow allong with. From a few people that have looked at our first revision they said that is very good, so it will be an excelent resource once it gets out there.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Any news on the book?
          What new things can we expect for 1.5 release?

Comment

In talking to Corey we are going to try to focus on getting the book out there as soon as possible. That doesn't mean that we'll have it out next week, but once we finish cleaning up the translation and getting it printed we will make it available.

Just to clarify the 1.5 Release is a ways off (thus I don't know what to expect). We should have a service release coming up in the near future. As far as whats in that Joe's got a list, so he's really the one to ask about that. I didn't want any confusion as to which was which.

Comment

nice book

Comment

Originally posted by han3d
                nice book
                how is it goin' with the translation?? I can't wait to get the book!

Comment

The translation is done - now we're formatting it and speaking with printers.
                  Best regards,
                  Joe Bacigalupa
                  Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

I'm in as soon as it's ready!!! - Post to the UK?? Download??

Comment

Probably not for download... Hard copies only

Comment

Can't wait to have it available !!

Comment

Any time now... :

Comment

How "good" is the book? Will it offer more and indepth information as say, all the tutorials combined?

What level is it aimed at? Does it cover all the settings you could ever do, or just basics?

Does it come with any resource files?

Can you reveal the retail price?

Comment

Yaeh it would suck if all the material thats been coverd in the book is available here in the tutorials section.

Comment

Working...
                              X