Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displacement rhino 4

I'm just testing the new displacement feature, it's greeaaat! ;D ;D
    some things I have difficulties to figure out though: where to change "shift", edge length" etc...
    I go in the material, open the "maps" section, turn on "displacement", click on the "M", select "bitmap", add my bitmap... where are the other displacement options or aren't they implemented yet (I read about in some other thread)?

another question comes up: normally, to position a logo on (e.g. "V-Ray") on alarge surface, you save a jpeg with a black background and the white logo type (black is zero displacement and white is "up" or "positive").... loaded in the material and placed somewhere on the surface with the mapping tools you get a nice positive (outward) embossed logo, that works fine... now, how to position a negative (inward) embossed logo??? if I invert the image, it's the background from the image which is white and is extruded positively from the surface, so you get a rectangular outward extruded embossment with a inwards embossed logo in it... is this where the "shift" command would be helpful, or am I missing something :... two sided material and mirror the logo before???
    thanx for the help,
    martin

Re: displacement rhino 4

Originally posted by martin1012
    I'm just testing the new displacement feature, it's greeaaat! ;D ;D
    some things I have difficulties to figure out though: where to change "shift", edge length" etc...
    I go in the material, open the "maps" section, turn on "displacement", click on the "M", select "bitmap", add my bitmap... where are the other displacement options or aren't they implemented yet (I read about in some other thread)?
    Yes - I've omitted the settings by accident. I'll have the UI added in a future build. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Best regards,
    Joe Bacigalupa
    Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
    X