Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino Lights vs. Vray lights.

Hi everyone,
    question here. I really like my OpenGL RenderPreview Window in Rhino to Match my renderings as close as possible... (it's less confusing to people looking at the 3D model if they can see both a 3D model and renderings that look somewhat alike)
    .... but that doesn't seem possible.
    would this be a wish -- for changes to Vray lights to update Rhino lights to the correct colors? or is this already possible?

i did a small test witha plane and a point light and when i changed the color of the light in Vray.... nuthing happed in the OpenGL preview, and when i switched back to Rhino Render'er -- the lights were still listed as "White" (no color).

hmmmm.... ???

thanks,
    --j.andre.

Re: Rhino Lights vs. Vray lights.

??? is this posted in the right place? ???

Comment

"Bueller? Bueller?" --- anybody? hello? this newsgroup seems like it should be large, but it's totally empty.... so i'm just hearing echo's of myself.

Comment

Sorry, but your not going to get any Rendered viewport preview that is anywhere close to what your rendered result will be. Even in Max the rendered preview doesn't work. There is a 3rd party application that will do a pretty good job, but again thats only for max (and another $600 I think). Unless there's a company out there that wants to try and support vray in rhino, I doubt that the rendered preview is going to be anywhere close. Just learn how to do quick tests to find the right lighting and materials.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Hi Dolamar,
          thanks for the responce.
          :-\

Comment

Working...
          X