Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie questions

Hi Guys,
    I am a newbie to Vray, I had been using Flamingo.
    I have a couple of, I think dumb questions.
    1. I haven't been able to go to some of the linked websites in this forum that have tutorials etc., not sure why?
    2. I am just wanting to attach a simple map (wood image) to a surface, which I think I am doing right (via diffuse - map attachment) but when I render I don't see image.

If I could go to some of the linked tutorials I probable would be able to sort out question 2.

Anyway thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers,
    Cian

Re: newbie questions

1. Home page -> support -> tutorials (the old links dosn't work anymore), also try this
    http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...90&topic=631.0

2. Open material editor, click on "diffuse" of a material -> "m" -> texture user interface -> "m" -> assign a map ... -> right mouse button click on the material name -> assign to object

Best you read the material tutorial, here the new link: http://www.asgvis.com/index.php?opti...d=30&Itemid=55
    www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Micha,

Thanks for the reply.
      1. I did get to the tuts this way, just thought there was others I couldn't get to. I also downloaded your starter kit 2, just need to read through in regards to the hdr files.
      2. The same as the way I had be doing it (I am assigning to layer instead of surface), still however don't see the image, it will be similiar in colour only.
      Is it possible to get a test file sent through, already set-up just to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks in advance for your time & I look forward to your response.

Cheers,
      Cian

Comment

Don't forget, there is a beta 1 bug - you must set at the material properties -> mapping -> a custom mapping channel 1. Best keep your eyes open for the bug section. Let me know, if you need a sample file, but it should work now.
        www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Hi Micha,
          Tested and works.
          I knew it would be something simple.
          Yet again thanks very much for your time and i'll be checking the bug section in future.

Now to go and play ;D

Cheers, Cian

Comment

Working...
          X