Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Spline ?

hi,
    someone here is using T-Spline plug in for Rhino ?
    I am waiting for an authorization to try it...I want to get smooth texture application...

Thank you if you have a direct link to the setup file. right now I am wasting my time.

Jp
    Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

Re: T-Spline ?

i tried it about a year ago and it some major problems with trimmed surfaces, but that was back then when it was in beta. Let me know what you think when you try it now. I would love to do box modeling in rhino!

Comment

I downloaded the plugin yesterday. All I did was register for the forum and I was able to download it, so I'm not sure if you did that already. PM me if you need it though. I messed around with the plugin a little bit, and it looks really promising. I'm not really sure how it does with rendering/uvs/textures, but it would be good to test it out.
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

yes I register, but I am still waiting to be accepted...

pm sen
        Freelance Industrial Designer - Rhino3d v4 - Vray for Rhino

Comment

Hi,

I registered about a week ago and have been waiting for an email with info
          that my account has been activated. I still haven´t got any message so today I
          got tired of waiting and tried to login. It worked fine and I was able to download
          the plugin.

/Tommy

Comment

Hi guys, I know this post is almost a year old but I'd like to revive it. Any of you guys here have tspline? How good is it?

thanks

Comment

I ply with it a little, go through the tutorials ... I like it, it's a great tool.
              www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

T-Spline mini-review

T-Splines can be hard to explain, so be sure to first watch all of their demo videos : http://www.tsplines.com/rhino/video.php

I will mention four things that make this a killer-plug in for Rhino. (Yes I know I sound like a commercial, but this software saved my butt on two recent projects!)

1) You can currently increase the U&V's in Rhino for adding details, but they always go around the entire model (both directions) making your model overly complex and harder to edit. T-Splines lets you add details ONLY in specified areas, whereby they can stop and start as needed. The result is the "T junction," which is what the software was named after.

2) If you have ever seen poly or sub-D modeling, you know how powerful it can be to simply extrude a face wherever needed. T-Splines lets you do the same thing but with a continuous and smooth NURBS surface. You can also extrude the same "face," or region -- repeatedly -- and create forms that are impossible by NURBS alone.

3) A "manipulator" makes all of your editing even easier. This is a MAX-like gizmo that let you select any point or points and manipulate them via a handle for moving, rotating, or scaling. Rhino should have this built in!

4) Finally, T-splines is easy to use. If you know Rhino already, the tool-set has only about ten commands, which are extremely intuitive. This may be the coolest part about t-Splines, you can start using it within a few hours. You can't really say that about too many 3D apps.

You can see a project I did on the T-Splines forum : http://www.tsplines.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6806

Comment

cool...thanks guys. I always like to hear feedback about a program.

Comment

hi, does anyone have the link to download t-spline for rhino??

thanks

Comment

www.tsplines.com
                      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
                      X