Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vray for rhino - I've been away too long!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray for rhino - I've been away too long!

Hi!

I haven't been following the developments of vfr lately, and now I stumble upon the forum again, and notice that a lot has changed

Especially I read some things about gamma correction being implemented, and I'm very interested in that, as this was a major issue that held me back of visualising in rhino (+the limited and user unfriendly texture mapping tools from rhino).

So I was wondering, can anyone update me on the new features regarding gamma correction? (can we choose gamma corrected colors now?) Also is there a place here where you can download service releases (like with vray for max). Or are the builds with the new gamma correction tools all internal builds (or maybe for rhino 4, which I don't have yet).

Thanks,

wouter
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Re: vray for rhino - I've been away too long!

Originally posted by Wouter
    So I was wondering, can anyone update me on the new features regarding gamma correction?
    Well the issues actually stemmed from the ability to gamma correct colors. What was happening was that the rgb colors were corrected by the wrong formula which caused darker colors and shifting of white. Joe and I found out what was the issue and changed the formula, so in the next beta release it will be all cleared up. Also there are separate input and output gammas, which gives an extra level of tweekability.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Re: vray for rhino - I've been away too long!

Hi Wouter, I think, you would be happy: simple global gamma correction for input colors/textures and separate gamma output option. LWF is very easy, beginners must not think about it anymore and can use it per default.
      Texture mapping works much better too. Also displacement is coming, physical sky and camera too. Also material based textures for GI, background, reflection and refraction env. DE for the IM is working too. VfR makes fun.

Is there no Rhino 4 demo, so you could test the new builds? (maybe you wait for the next beta befor start a 30 day demo)
      www.simulacrum.de - visualization for designer and architects

Comment

Working...
      X