Frosted Acrylglas Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frosted Acrylglas Material

Hi, I'm trying to simulate a white frostet acrylicglas effect, starting with the default frosted glas material in vray. But it always gets a bit too greyish and the edges are black instead of white (black is ok for normal glas, but not for acrylic glass).
    In real world, the material from röhm is called plexiglas satinice and it comes in too version: single sided and double sided coated/frosted.
    Is it possible to simulate that as well?

how it should look like:

my results:

and my material setup:

any hints?

Re: Frosted Acrylglas Material

Well we've been trying to sort out why glass refractions are coming out black at certain points, so unfortunately until we figure it out I can't help you out too much on that one. Your material settings look fine (I would enable double sided though), but you may have to play with the lighting to get the kind of effect in the material that your really looking for. I am assuming that the first picture is the sample that your trying to base things off of, and it looks like it is lit much differently then your scene. So I would suggest is try to set up a test scene that has almost the exact same setup (camera, geometry, lighting) and test your materials in that setting and see if you can get a similar result.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Re: Frosted Acrylglas Material

I think the refraction stuff should be resolved now in the RC. Vlado made some changes on how total internal reflections are handled by refractive materials. Now they trace into them until the cutoff threshold is met - so you get more color information than previously, where it would just return a black color. If your working in VfR3 - we're porting our VfR4 code back to Rhino3 right now and we should have something to release in the coming week or two.
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
      X